Blogs are a great way to see what other people think and talk with each other. However, a single blog only includes what its writers express, so you could miss the chance to read great stuff in other blogs if you simply follow a fixed set of blogs. Blog carnivals overcome this by linking to multiple blog posts in a certain topic, so you can expose yourself to great content in blogs you’ve never been to before.
I’ve seen interesting content via blog carnivals, and I’ve also participated in a few myself:
- The Tangled Bank #108, where I talked about causal dynamical triangulations
- Carnival of the Godless #96, where I talked about how unconvincing arguments from incredulity for the existence of a god is
- Carnival of Liberals, where I had talked about how even a police state cannot stop terrorism
- Rants carnival, where I had ranted about North Korea killing a tourist
- Carnival of the Godless #97, where I had suggested a way to placate the Catholics
If you like reading blog posts in certain fields but can’t dare to follow every single blog in the world which talks about the subject, then chances are that there is a blog carnival you could be interested in. And if you write something great on your own blog, you might want to consider expanding your readership by submitting the post to a blog carnival.