Despite the fact that I am not psychic, I have this irresistible urge to make predictions for this year:
- There will be a terrorist act somewhere in the world. (Just as in every year during the last decade.)
- A famous person will die. (Just as in every year since forever.)
- A U.S. politician will be implicated in a sex scandal, who will resign unless he is a Republican.
- The Catholic Church will have to lose even more money over a legal settlement.
- Someone will think they see Jesus, the Virgin Mary, or other holy figures.
- An artificial black hole will not destroy the Earth, nor will we be turned into strange matter.
- Dark energy will mostly remain a mystery, dark matter less so.
- There will be less ice in the Arctic, Antarctica, and many other glaciers around the world.
- The hit rate of these predictions will be higher than those for most self-proclaimed psychics.
- I will still be blogging by the end of the year.
Like all predictions that have a nice chance of becoming true, they're pretty vague, and the chances are probably higher because they're based on extrapolation rather than a funny feeling in my head.